hot, sweaty nutsedge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 6, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

man the humidity just wont let up, and the nutsedge is thick. is it me, or does it seem like u sweat more on a lawn thats infested with nutsedge and weeds.

2. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

totally agree

3. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

Nutsedge? Sounds nasty. You should get that checked out!!! Maybe you need a man-dam... Hot as Hel# here in Maine.. My wife say's its good for me. I told her to get out and work in this.:p

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Very nasty weather out there but then again if it was nice an cool we wouldn't have jobs. The heat really helps people decide that mowing the lawn isn't for them.

Gravely_Man

5. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

temp today was like 95 here but humidity was up to like 70% so it felt just miserable.

I think any yards that are watered well are the worse in the morning when things are just warming up but not hot enough to really evaporate any moisture. nothin seems that bad once it gets up into the 90's...all the grass blades have dried out so all the air down closer is dried too.

my feet sweat really bad. :alien:

6. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby,

Down here in Monmouth and Ocean Counties, the nutsedge is EVERYWHERE, never saw this much before....

7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

nutsedge

8. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

:dizzy:

9. magland

magland LawnSite Member

The nutsedge is thick. It's everywhere. I'm about ready to use my 100 gallon tank to spray Manage. I'm going through it about as fast as the Three-Way.

10. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Texas here, If you watch the weather you don't have to feel sorry it only hit 109 with about 45% humidity. yes my wife love hot smelly ones to. LOL :drinkup: :blob2: