Hot tap saddles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Arnold, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Arnold

    Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming
    Posts: 194

    I was wondering if anyone knows about a hot tap saddle for steel pipe. I have used the ones for pvc. Thanks for any input.
  2. rvsuper

    rvsuper Senior Member
    Posts: 930

    Are you talking like the big ones they use for fire sprinklers? Like a saddle, but for steel?
  3. Arnold

    Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming
    Posts: 194

    A hot tap saddle is a saddle that alows you to tap a hot(pressurized) pipe. They make them for PVC but I have never seen them for steel if they even make them and it would have to be a mean tap to tap into steel and retain the pipe coupon. But I would love to find some.
  4. HBFOXJr

    HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,712

    Around here they are called a wet tap. They are routinely used non plastic water mains. Connect with a company that supplies utility contruction and maintenance of water lines.

Share This Page