Hot today...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Aug 25, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

We are way behind and the recent raindays have pushed us back futhur. So we were out working today. IT WAS FUGGIN HOTTTTT!!! The heat normal does not get to me but i felt it today. We have to work tommorrow also to get caught up since we are trying to pull a 4 day weekend next week.

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

It was quite intense up here too. We had ******** rain last night (like 1.5" less than 2 hrs) but that just made it so humid. I on the other hand am not behind in work. I wish I was busier.

3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

96 and humid as hell (5inches of rain monday) yesterday ....not exactly a great deal of fun laying decking in full sun.......gotta love the customer who sits inside in the air con all day and sticks their head out for 5 seconds curious as to when you are starting the fence ...TRUE.

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I really lucked out this week. We built 2 small walls on each side of a concrete driveway no mess to deal with because of rain. We did miss 1 day due to not wanting to work in the rain but i was very lucky. We do have to go back next week and add top soil behind the wall but i received payment for the job less 200.00 for soil.
    mike

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

The heat goes on here as well. We are about to set a record for most days of 110 or better. 27 is the record, we need one more to break it. Humid too. Monsoon season still.

6. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

You ought to head down here to London, the appetite for landscaping and hardscapes is insatiable. WE've just recently stopped doing 6 days a week (in my opinion that's enough at this time of the year). As far as it being a record hot summer it's been sticky, but not unbearable. The rain we've had has been just enough to slow down base preparation, but not enough to call it a day.

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

T190 to the rescue........other contractor on the job didn't have tracks, he went home

T190 history since getting it little over a month ago:
    -pulled the International out of a wet field
    -pulled 16' dump trailer loaded with boulders that was behind the International out of the same dang field.......parked over night, didn't get back in time to move before rain grrr
    -2 days on recent job going up hills a wheeled machine would never do, mud
    -grading/site work on a property when the other contractors left

*its earned its keep + has AC :)

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I got ac in my cat. But ya can't sit in the machine all day when your trying to build a wall!

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

No you have to be in the union to do that *trucewhiteflag*

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

you do work? :)