hot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, May 20, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay Texas folks, be ready for the heat, mowed 6 today......it was boiling outside...last job was across the street...got home...took the shoes off to drop my body temp....thought I was going to barf.......stuck to H20 and snacks all day...helped, need a big hat......keep your coolers filled and be safe...same goes for the rest of you LCO in the heat!! :)

2. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Come down south another hundred-fifty miles or so. I had two trimmers and a blower overheat on me. I'm guessing that's what it was. They just didn't want to run anymore and boy were they hot.

Drink lots of water and Gatorade. Try using a camelback or similar, so you don't have to stop working to drink.

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I hear ya guys, it almost hit 60 here today. :)

4. pagefault

We'll see who's laughing in February.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

On my third job it was 90 outside, old dude on a ZTR with coveralls and hat cutting the house across the street from me, I never saw him stop for a drink??? He made me look like a wuss!!!!! :)

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I guess Texas isn't for me. Oh well, I'd rather plow than mow anyway.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Only 104 today.

8. pagefault

I heard. They mentioned that with every weather report.

Of course, it's a dry heat. :rolleyes:

I don't think it got above 96 here.

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Dry heat is still heat! I get a kick out of the dry heat thing. One of my closest friends moved to Georgia a couple of years ago and he was workinig outside with the trenching crew and they were all complianing how hot it was and he said try working in AZ sometime. Well one of them ended up transfered to here and found out how good he had it in GA.

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

It sucks just breaking out a sweat opening the ramp on my trailer. Personally humidity just sucks.