1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, before you tell me to go read 5000 prior posts I did that last night.

I have one quick question. I looked at 2 hotels last night. I have to have my bid in today. They will take 3.5 hrs at one and 5.0 hrs at the other. Is bidding 75$ an hr out of the question?

They want me turn a bid on a 40 week cycle and a 52 week cycle. I am sure that is normal but my other 2 large commercial accounts don't request that. So it will save them 7200$ annually combined with the 40 week cycle.
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

You probably won't get $75/hr on a hotel property. Too many people bid on them and it keeps prices dirt cheap..
  3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Ive had bad luck bidding on any hotel property. They want it done so cheap you might as well give them a check everytime you go there to mow. The worst ones are the ones owned by Indians. They are so cheap its gotten to be funny.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know if Steve got this acct or not ,,, but he may be able to elaborate a little more on how they worked or didnt work out for his outfit.

Tom Bodette
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Na... didn't get the Red Roof .... Cocoa Beach was OK but the run to Palm Bay made too much road time

We bid it as $35 per hr n LBS still got it .... he's got the whole beach locked up

Hey Kris drop by the Wharehouse in MI sometime ... always shooting pool S,M,W & TH from 7-10... send me some of your cards .... we don't service Melbourne n just passed on Space Coast Credit Union