1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hotsy Pressure Washers

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Stouffers Landscape, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Stouffers Landscape

Stouffers Landscape LawnSite Member

Anyone out there using a Hotsy? Just talked to a rep. He suggested the1065SS for what I am going to use it for. Any opinions? I would like to hear the good and bad.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Usually pretty expensive. However, they are the Mercedes Benz of pressure washers. I got my first hotsy way beck in 1980. Used it to clean mining equipment. It never let me down and did a great job. They last forever, are very dependable, and are easy to get parts for, if you need any parts. If I could justify the cost, I would have one now.
  3. Stouffers Landscape

Stouffers Landscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. They are expensive, thats why I am asking for opinions before I make the plunge. There is a dealer fairly close to my place. Have to go check one out. Thanks.
  4. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

I have one. It works like a bomb!

Only issue I have had was caused by dirty coils overheating the water and blowing rupture disks. Nothing a cleaning couldnt fix!
  5. mgpowercleaning

mgpowercleaning LawnSite Member

no disrespect,...but hotsy are highly over-rated pieces of ****,...they use general pumps which you can get at northern tool...and use cheap vanguard engines....now back in the day hotsy used landa pumps which are by far one of the best out there...aside from GIANT brand pumps,...if you are looking for something dependable and good quality,...buy a landa....or if you are a do-it yourselfer,..such as myself...build one to suit your needs....ive got an old landa MG series pressure washer....I took the hypro brand pump off it and replaced it with a GIANT 7 gal. per minute pump 4000 psi...replaced the engine with a kohler command 25 horse kept the landa stainless steel burner and the original chassis.....there isn't a job out there this machine cant handle,...and most of all it's 100% reliable and dependable....turn key and go...no letdowns or doubts.....
  6. mgpowercleaning

mgpowercleaning LawnSite Member

**** a hotsy....lol high dollar northern tool quality garbage...