Hottest day of the year

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 13, 2007.

1. I'm beat so I'll post this and deal with q & a manana. Had to be 105 today. Didn't get home til 8:15. Screw the return calls tonight. Any way I yanked some 20 year old 570s and replaced with sam/prs and brass nozzles. Talk about an upgrade. This is how it looked before I started.

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

2. My MO is got the water low. These peanut nozzles are great. I'm going to take a pic of this place in two weeks.

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

3. Will somebody tell me why this clock is blank? Has power, disconnected battery and unplugged, hit reset button. Did the service call running zones with my remote then replaced with WM smartline. Monitor comes later. Squirrel damage on sensor. I've told Irritrol and Hunter we need metal caps and they claim nobody mentions squirrel damage. BS

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

4. Replaced the o with an e should be get

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Switch to the WM model with brass caps? :p

6. Purp looking at the brass nozzle can you see the beauty in its under and over spray? Isn't it a sight to behold? It saddens me how few irrigators get to enjoy the perfection of brass spray nozzles. Can you imagine what sprinkler systems are going to look like in 10 years with all the newcomers learning on vans? Makes me want to puke.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Be still my foolish heart.....Peter....well said...indeed a" sight to behold",
    why the rest don't get it for the extra ($ big deal) to use brass nozzles
    don't seem to have the "passion". I love looking at the flow pattern;
    The best of the best.:)

8. PurpHaze

What is the cost of the WM brass nozzle?

9. Purp for you and you only I'm going to send a sample of my RIGGS collection. Sprays as well as WM for a lot less.

10. PurpHaze

Not looking to change... just curious as to the cost of the brass nozzles as versus typical plastic ones. Besides... I'm perfectly contented with the MP-Rotators at my home. :)