1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hough HU Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Andyinchville, May 31, 2005.

1. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

HI All,

I have the chance to buy an older Hough HU loader in decent condition for only $1000....It has a 6 cyl gas engine and 4WD, rear steer....It does need a little work but not much at all....It weighs about 13,500 lbs.....How well would this work for pushing over trees? Has anybody here used a wheel loader to push over trees?....I have a property I'd like like to remove some trees on and was wondering if this would be a good cheap way to do it or should I just get the back hoe that I really want (of course that is way more expensive)....I kinda think the price is so good I may just do it to have it anyways.

Thanks for any and all help / opinions

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

My father has one.I use it to push over trees and grade piles of dirt and it works great.the one my father has the motor is a flat head six.but it has the power to knock down trees and load stone and dirt in my dump truck.if all the guy wants is a grand then go for it.its a steal.