hour meter for walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jan 27, 2007.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

2. PowerEquipmentWarehouse

PowerEquipmentWarehouse LawnSite Member

Hi Steve,

Sendec offers a meter without a battery. We have sold a ton of these with very good comments from the guys in the field. Click here to check it out.

3. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I have them on all my mowers, jetskis, quads. I should have one plugged to my heart cause Im the mack daddy of fastness on toys...:rolleyes:

Anyways no battery. Very easy to install.
  4. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Check Surpluscenter.com in lincoln, Ne, They have 3 different styles of 12v hourmeters each around $25.00
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Sendec has a sealed battery inside. They call it a "self-contained power source".

All of the TinyTachs have a sealed battery inside.

These aren't magical devices guys. If it stores data or has a display the electricity to power these has to come from somewhere. The only way to avoid a battery is either a mechanical hour meter or an external power source.

I'm not trying to give you guys a hard time but rather avoid having Steve buy a meter thinking he's getting one thing when it's in fact another.
  6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys. I ordered a mechanical one off ebay the other day. It looks just like the ones on the ztrs. It was only $25 so I'll see how it works. Once I get it I will just have to figure out what wire to hook it up to. I am thinking right now maybe the one that charges the battery but I have to check the wires with the meter first to see which ones have a + voltage when the engine is running.