1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hour meter install, Turf Tracer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Snyderserv5060, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Snyderserv5060

Snyderserv5060 LawnSite Member

** now before someone says its as simple as screwing it on and wrapping the wire around the spark plug wire, I know that. Im asking a different question**

48" Turf Tracer HP 17HP Kawasaki

The SenDec hour meter which many distributers on this site and all over the net carry says on most places it will work for 1 and 2 cylinder engines... However when checking out through J-Thomas it says in bold red letters that this unit will not work on a 2cyl motor. When I read through the SenDec website it states something about opposed twin cyl motors firing 2 times due to a single coil. (thus not working)

Does my 17kaw (FH500V) fit into this classification? Since my motor is the 13amp version I dont need a non powered unit. Just figured id ask for a proven hour meter that I can install and will work right with my motor. I just dropped a new motor on it so I want to keep on top of all the maintenance and such. Thanks!

2. Wolfden

Wolfden LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

does the manufacturer make an hr meter ? I'd go that way , atless you know it would work and no Mickey Mouse . I just put a new motor on my Sears/Craftman garden tractor 25 hp Kolher and looking at meters also .

Good luck
    Wolf

3. Snyderserv5060

Snyderserv5060 LawnSite Member

The kawasaki motor I have runs 2 seperate coils so I think im fine with a regular hour meter...we shall see.