Hour meter not working

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rander, May 19, 2004.

1. rander

rander LawnSite Member

The hour meter on my Explorer (Model EXS-20K0-2 Ser #82570) has stopped working. The diagram in the parts manual is no help because it doesn't show how the meter is hooked up. Is there a wiring diagram available or can you describe the connections. Thanks.

Russ Anderson

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Russ,

Wow it's been a while since I had a question on an Explorer. The orange wire should go to the (+) side and the blue wire to the (-) side.

Thanks

Terry

3. rander

rander LawnSite Member

Terry:

Surprised? Maybe you've just taken it for granted how durable and reliable eXmarks are. Thanks for the reply. I think we're half way there. Where are the other end of those wires connected? The connections at the meter are OK. Either the other end of one of the wires is disconnected or the meter is at fault. Thanks again.

Russ Anderson

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

could that be an oil pressure sensor issue terry? were the hour meters wired through the switch that far back?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

Yes it could. To test the hour meter you can simply unplug it and put a test light on the two wires you disconnected. With the engine running the light should come on. If it does not then I would suspect your not getting power to the hour meter and look at the oil temp switch.

Thanks,

Terry