1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hour meter on Super Z EFI

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Trouthead, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Trouthead

Trouthead LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Noticed my hour meter was not working the other day. Checked the connection and they were tight, looked on line at this site for help, and struck out for an easy fix. Figured I'd get out the multi meter and see if I was getting any current to the meter with the mower running and someone sitting inthe seat. In preparation for that I disconnecedt the power leads to the meter, and then had a thought of "maybe it is just a bit of oxidation or corrosion on the connections". Pushed the connectors back on the meter, started it up and cut for about a while. Amazingly the meter is now working and registering the time. I don't know if this will be a permanent fix, but it sure fixed it for now. Hope this can help someone else. I will get out some electrical contact cleaner and some fine sandpaper and do the job up right when it cools off later today.