Hour meter on TTHP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ple_1969, Jan 13, 2004.

1. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Exmark,

Do you have an option to include an hour meter on the TTHP? Looking to get a Turf Tracer HP with an electric start and wanted to know if an hour meter was available. I know about the tiny tac, but I want a factory meter like the Lazer has.

Thanks,
    Pete

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Pete,

Thanks for the post. Unfortuneately we do not offer an hour meter for the TTHP at this time.

Thank you

Terry

3. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Terry,

Thanks for your reply. If I remember correctly, isn't an hour meter offered on the Turf Tracer? If so, could that be installed on a TTHP?

Pete

4. eXmark

Pete,

You could but it gets pretty complicated. The Turf Tracer is electric start and thus has a charging system and battery which is the power source for the hour meter.

A Turf Tracer HP recoil start does not have either a battery or a charging system and associated components.

If however you have a Turf Tracer HP electric start you could probably wire in an hour meter however you would still need additional components depending upon how you wanted the hour meter set up.

Like I said it gets a little complicated. For me the "self powered" Tiny Tach type hour meters give a lot of bang for the buck if you have a unit that was not build with an hour meter.

Thanks

Terry

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I bought a Briggs & Stratton ( the little yellow one) hour meter for my 36"TTHP, works great. Hooked one wire to a ground, and the other to the spark plug wire. Blinks on every 25 hours, and is resettable. Cost was $18.50, hooked up in 5 minutes.

~Nest

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to rag on Exmark, but an hour meter should be standard on a $5,000 piece of equipment. I added a tiny tach to mine. I just find the flashing "oil change" annoying.

7. eXmark

Thanks Darryl,

I'll pass it along.

Terry