1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Feb 22, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Ok i'm thinking about buying a brand new mower and lets say it doesnt have a hour meter on it. Are there any out there that you would say are good ones that i could get and install myself?
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Briggs and Stratton makes one that I think would work on any engine. Search google for it. I was looking for the same ting myself a while back, it was around $17
  3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I know they sell them at Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, And they have them at Sears. It is an add on meter so it should work with any motor.
  4. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

thanks guys for the help
  5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I put an hour meter/ tach on my walkbehind. It is a tinytach brand. It cost about $40.00 3 years ago. They are very easy to attach. It has a battery that is good for 5 years and a stiff wire that wraps around one of your spark plug wires as an inductive pick-up for the tach. When the motor is running it is a tach and when it is off it is an hour meter.