Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JoeGuitar, May 19, 2008.

1. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a 2007 Fastrak 54 with a 21hp Kawasaki engine. I'd like to put an hour meter on it.

First question is this; is there a kit or part I can get from Hustler to do this?

---------------------------------------------------
    If yes to the first question;

Second question; what is the process to install it?

Third question; does anyone have a picture of one installed on their unit?
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes.
    Here is the information.
    Kit, Hour Meter, Mini FasTrak / FasTrak part # 367656 MSRP $39.00
    This kit installs in minutes and the wiring is already under your dash for it, its a matter of taking out the 3 bolts that hold your control dash panel in, cutting out the decal on teh plate and installing the meter and plugging in the wires and reinstalling the control dash panel.
    Sorry, I do not have a picture.

Pj

3. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

This is one of the reasons I did not go with Hustler for my second ZTR (call it petty if you want). I still don't understand why Hustler doesn't put these $39 hour meters on every machine produced :confused: Isn't this how maintenance is calculated in the users manual? I just bought a residential John Deere (which cost about half of the MFT) and it has an hour meter. Don't get me started with the mulch kit and blow out kit too because that too is a joke :dizzy:
    I use to bleed Hustler yellow, but now I am a JD man for life!!!!!

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am sorry we couldn't keep you in a Hustler, sad to hear.
    Half the cost of a Mini FasTrak? wow... I hope it works good for you.

Pj

5. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar LawnSite Member
    from PA

Mowerconsultant - Thanks for the info . I'll order one today.

lawnstriper23 - Hope your JD works out for you.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good deal!
    Let me know if I can be of more help...lol..

Pj

7. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Half the cost of the Mini FasTrak? Mmm... You may have paid too much.

8. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    That green paint is expensive these days

9. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Working out just fine guys. Don't be upset because I no longer own or want a Hustler. It's the little things that customers look for and the hour meter may seem petty to others, but that is how maintenance is scheduled, correct? Oh, let me buy a mulch "kit" for my MFT (which I did when I had my MFT). WTF, you don't get blades with the mulch "kit", just the deck block off plate. O.K., let me buy the mulching blades too. WTF, my MFT keeps blowing grass clipping all over me when mowing. Oh, now I need to purchase a blowout kit? Where does it end? I know the MFT and other Hustler equipment are solid, but it's the little things like I stated above that just turn people away...
    Ya, my JD cost $2100 delived to my driveway. I have had no complaints with the machine and btw, according to the hour meter I need to change the oil in about 2 hours. Oh, I also bought a mulch kit for my JD and guess what, it came with a block off plate and mulching blades. One more thing, I don't get covered with grass clipping when mowing either.
    So make your little comments about JD, but maybe Hustler can pick up a thing or two about not nickle and diming customers........*trucewhiteflag*

10. ResidentialOwner

ResidentialOwner LawnSite Member

I own a Hustler Fastrak and love it, but lawnstriper23 makes valid points. If the Mulching kit does come in pieces that is strange. The hour meter bugged me but I made my dealer order me one for free before I bought mine. Bean counters have ruined a number of good companies.