1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hour meters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lwcmattlifter, Apr 28, 2005.

1. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I'm looking for a good hour meter/tach. Anyone use ENM hour meters/tach? How do these things hold up? This is the one I am considering model PT14R, the second from the top.
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one on one of my mowers and I liked it a lot untill moisture got into it and shorted it out. I have an open trailer and I also power wash my equipment often which most likely did it in. Just be more carefull than I
  3. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

we use te maintence meter by Sendec, they are an hour meter when the engine is not running, and it's a tach when the engine is running, and still tallying the hours. Resonable priced too.
  4. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

Daneman. How much and do they have a website or a number to call.

5. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use TinyTach. These are original equipment on many owers including Dixie Chopper. These are also the same meters that are branded by Kohler engines and sold as such.

The display on these meters does not bleach out (go blank) after a while in the sun like the Sendecs do.
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

8. KWoodhead

KWoodhead LawnSite Member

I have PT-14's mounted on my Exmark 36" WB, A BillyGoat and a Husqvarna Power Washer. I decided to go with the ENM brand because you can set the maintenance interval reminder to any number of hours you want. I've had them for over a year now and no problem. Ask about a quantity discount.
  9. I26

I26 LawnSite Member

Can you put an hour meter on a 21" self-propelled mower?
  10. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

Yes...alot of them just require you to coil a wire around the spark plug wire.