1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hour meters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodten, Dec 30, 2004.

1. rodten

rodten LawnSite Member

I am looking for a good hour meter that I can install on my equipment so that I can keep up with my oil changes, just looking for a good source, any ideas :blob3:
  2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have been looking for the same.. www.landscapersupply.com has one they sell. I dont know how godd/reliable it is.
  3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

>>>>also try J Thomas<<<<< :blob3:
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a new Exmark TTHP about a month ago. I had my dealer install one on it when I bought it, it is a Quartz brand, I think he said it is what comes on the J.D.'s they also sell. They charged something like 40-$50 to install it.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out www.sendec.com. They make an excellent quality meter and stand behind their product. I know this from first-hand experience with them. Good luck.
  7. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Was lookin around Sears for xmas gifts, and they have hour meters for lawn mowers for sale there. Think it was $15.
  8. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I've been thinking about this idea myself. I'm not quite sure that I understand how an hourmeter, or more specifically a tach, works with different engines. Do you need to have a tach specific to your engine make and hp produced?

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. You'll have to get the tach that is designed to run with your specific type of engine (not necessarily brand and model#). Sendec has alot of different models to choose from and it is easy to pick one out.
  10. rodten

rodten LawnSite Member

just make sure it will work on 4cycle which is 1 revolution and 2cycle which is 2 revolution