1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Charge for General Work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by irocz106, May 16, 2007.

1. irocz106

irocz106 LawnSite Member

What do you business owners charge hourly for work that isn't by the job. I've heard a lot of talk on lowballing, and would like to know what people's pricing is out there.
  2. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I personally will not work for less than $48 an hour by myself, and I have a feeling that's probably kind of low.

On the other hand, if you have two guys on site or more, efficiency drops, so I think $30 to $35 per hour EACH is more reasonable.
  3. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

Your goal should be $60 (American) per hour. That is for starters, if you can get more...go for it!

A lot of that depends on the area... Trailer park vs. Million $ homes? You can understand that.

Grand answer= As much as you can!
  4. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree it is 60.00 per (1$ per min . ) if you can get it !
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't charge by the hour - by the job whenever possible. A lot of people will think general labor is 10 bucks an hour - when you tell them $60.00 an hour they freak and won't go for it.

Try to estimate how long it will take and multipy by your desired hourly rate to come up with your price. If anyone questions why you won't charge per hour, say something to the extent of, this way you know exactly how much the job is going to cost, no surprises in the end.