Hourly Charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by intercoastal, Jul 20, 2006.

1. intercoastal

intercoastal LawnSite Member

How much is every one charging to use a skidsteer per/hr?

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i dont own mine i rent when needed, $500 minimum for jobs or i quote at $225 an hour, i can go pretty fast. If i think im gonna be on it ALL DARN day for some whatever reason, ill scale down to $175hr but still its either something like

225hr~ x3hrs 775$
    or
    175hr~ x8hrs $1,400

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

what kinda machine is a skidsteer?

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Its an earth mover. Four wheels, none of them turn. To turn, the wheels on one side turn and the other side go opposite. Go on google images and type in skid steer for pics.

5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

HOLY CRAP;) 225 an hour!! How do you get any jobs with that price? If the job is too much for my compact tractor I sub contract it out at $73.00 an hour. Or if I need a yard prepped for sod I sub contract to a guy that also has a power rake for $90.00 an hour. You would be way ahead to find someone that owns their own machine and sub contract them when needed, and an added benefit is they have plenty of experience with the machine instead of someone renting a machine they have never ran before and charging extremely experienced operator rates.

As a bonus if you develop a business relationship with subcontractors they can do some advertising for you. You put money in their pocket they will put money in yours.