1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly efficency

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ChevHayes, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ChevHayes

ChevHayes LawnSite Member

Just kind of curious what some of you guys can do in an hr cutting residentials. Me and my bro cut 12 houses on 2 streets (close together) in 2hrs trimming and edging = 6/hr (walk behind 48's no velke). Lets hear what you guys doin and state the variables.

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The race, for hourly efficiency, is the primary cause for shoddy workmanship and poor results. Efficiency, really means quality, in as short a time as possible. Look at the quality of the work, b4 u decide. :)

3. hotwater

hotwater LawnSite Member

I like that!

4. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

today i mowed 9 lawns in 6 hours with one helper,one was commercial lawn a local towing co about an acre,and the rest was regular residental lawns most around 1/2 acre but the big 1 is 1 acre.started at 8am stopped for lunch at 1130 and done by 230pm paid my helper 6 hours.all my jobs today were within 5 miles from my house and each other,and all jobs were 100% quality done.

5. i mowed three house today in four hours and then said to hell with it, its too hot. and went to the bar and cooled off.