hourly pay for lead man

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, May 27, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

How much do u all pay for your best worker (ie. foreman)?
  2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Make sure you keep everything seperate. Management and hourly employees. Poop rools down hill.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I just hired a fulltime "leadman" to start June 1. I am paying him 10.00/hr and giving him 100.00/month to pay toward a healthcare policy of his choice. This man has worked weekends for me for 3 years, so I know his capabilities well.:D
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

around 15hr plus drug, dental, eye , health insurance...thats 15 canadian. not sure if this post will tell you much because differant parts of the country are so differant????
  6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

crew leaders should get at least $10-12/hr plus some sort of performance bonus. they will keep better track of whick lawns you under bid. and let you know about it. Dave g
  7. LOL :laugh:

Sometimes I forget that the economy is not as good in other parts of the country.

Around here nursing home aides get that plus $4 an hour shift differential for nights and weekends.

High school kids get $8 - $10 for bagging groceries.

I am seeing ads in the help wanted for tree workers at $15 - $20 to start and today for lead men at $17 - $25 to start.
  8. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Local ads for employment pay $13.00 and up for lead or foreman of lawn crews.
  9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i can make an easy $50 an hour and not 18 yet but thats only 3 days a week at 6 hours a week about
  10. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Plymouth Valiant, I am from the Boston area also, please tell me where I can find a job for $25 an hour as a lead man on a lawn mowing crew. For 25 an hour I will sell my business, and work for someone else.