Hourly rate for clean-ups?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by copicut, Nov 23, 2010.

1. copicut

copicut LawnSite Member
    from Ma

Anybody out there think that 125dol an hour for 3 laborers on fall clean-ups way too cheap? thanks:

2. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

It is in the range, but as has been said over and over you have to figure what an hour is costing you and what you want for a mark up.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on what equipment they're using and how efficient they are. Is it 3 guys with rakes and a tarp and a pickup truck or blowers, leaf loader and mower with vacuum bagger?

4. copicut

copicut LawnSite Member
    from Ma

isuzu npr w/ 18hp billy goat debris loader
    3 redmax bp blowers 8050
    1 exmark z with bagger collection system

.....thanks

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

with your equipment thats too cheap! You should be getting a minimum of $200hr plus haul off. If your telling clients your charging by the hour and your getting complaints thats why. Charge by the job. Estimate your time and give them a price.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I'd say too cheap by at least $50/hr.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

you must know theirs alot of risk to this

8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

WAYYYYY TOO CHEAP....I would be at $225/hr which would include disposal

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if you are too cheap or not. Way too many unknows about your business to even guess. I know you are trying to get some help here but I am helping you by not giving you a rate. You have to figure it out for yourself. Not that I don't like all the guys that answered you but how can you compare your business to theirs.
    If you want to maximize your profit and cover your expenses then take a business class over the winter. You can use the above estimates as a guide but only you know what you need to do to cover your costs and turn a profit. Good Luck.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go for $175/hr with that setup. But you should have a walk-behind blower if you are doing large properties.