1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Rate For Condo Cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottmcherry, Feb 15, 2008.

1. scottmcherry

scottmcherry LawnSite Member

I Do A Lot Of Residential Cutting And Have A Chance To Bid A Couple Condo Complexes. They Want Me To Bid Hourly Rate Per Man For Cleanups, Bush Trimming, Weeding, Etc. I Know I Have To Discount My Hourly Rate Because I'm On Such A Large Stop. Just Wondering What The Average Going Rate Is? What Do You Figure For Cutting Per Guy To Estimate The Cut--i Have 4 60" Lazer Z's And 6 Guys--any Help On Per Hour Bidding Would Help Me Out. Thanx
  2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Discount your rate? Why, so you can make less in a day. Don't be so hasty to drop rates, you can probably fill your schedule without discouting.??

Today, we were doing snow removal with bobcats. The management co. called in another company with other bobcats as the snow in parking lots was deep. I spoke to the other operator and he said "we charge $75/hr for a bobcat and operator. I replied why?? we charge $95 and are going to be $105/hr next season.

Why be cheap, it just hurts your wallet...:hammerhead:

If they won't pay it, someone else definitely will!!!