Hourly Rate for Trimming Bushes

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shopritecrisco, Aug 31, 2005.

1. shopritecrisco

shopritecrisco LawnSite Member

Hello,

My client has 35 bushes that need to be trimmed. They have not been trimmed for probably 1-2 years. How much should I charge for this job?
    I was thinking $30 an hour. Is that reasonable?

Thanks for any input.

2. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I generally charge per bush. small boxwoods, etc. $2.00, some $5.00, some $10.00 depending on size and how much will be taken off.

3. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I think $30 works good. That's what I charged a customer yesterday for hedges that were 10 feet tall and ran about 40 feet in length. Plus numerous other bushes and shrubs that were growing out of control. It took me 3 three hours to complete and the charge was $90. The customer was fine with that because he realized how much time it took to do, and that's not something he was willing to do. So I say $30.00 per hour is a safe way to go.

4. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I make around $100 or more to trim per hour. $90 for 10' tall by 40' length :laugh: Maybe you can do it, but I'm trying to make a living.

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately the market is not the same here in Jacksonville as it is in Asheville. I applaud you for being able to get $100 an hour. Not here in the big city. Too many under shooting even my $30. an hour believe it or not. It's tough but it is made up in other areas that Joe Schmo can't do. Asheville is beautiful. I used to live in that area. Don't ask why I came back to FL. :realmad: I miss the mountains!