Hourly Rate for trimming hedges

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by joeg2246, May 17, 2006.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Tried to do a search but it would not work...:confused:
    I am going to add hedge trimming and light tree trimming to my lawn service and would like to know what you guys charge hourly for those services.

I recently purchased new Echo trimming products
    SHC-260 Hedge Clipper and the PPT-260 Pole Pruner. Any thoughts on these products?
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Really all depends how much trimming. I usually figure about 60 an hour, min $100. I can do a lot in an hour though. Once you get the hang of it you can cover a lot of ground very fast so I usually bid higher than I think it will really take me.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

If I can do them standing on the ground its 45 per hour, if I have to get on a ladder its 60 an hour. I get about 5% of the jobs I give estimtates on so I fill the person out of the phone before I even go look and see if they are the 5 per hour crowd. My prices are considered high for my area but I dont care if I ever pick up another set of hedge clippers!
  4. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

A better way to do it is charge by the invidiual shrub-

Flucuate your price with the size and overgrowth of the shrub-

Easiest part is the cutting- hardest is the cleanup
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That is for sure!!!
  6. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree the hardest part is the cleanup. Why just this weekend i hedged for 45 min, and i cleaned up for an hour and a half( this was takeing quit a bit of height of one side of a tall hedge trying to allow some to catch up that were planted a few years later. but as a rule of thumb i figure it will take me twice as long to clean up the clipping as it did to trim the hedges.

This way i can look and say well an hour to hedge and two to 2 to clean up, 150.00 bucks, I get 35.00 a man hour min of an hour and a half, if im triming by myself i get 50.00 an hour min of hour and a half.
  7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

charge how much you think you are worth an hour then sharpening fee then disposel fee,then even hire of your hedger fee.i think $85 per hr