1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hourly rate w. a tractor??

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by mdmowerman, Dec 13, 2004.

1. mdmowerman

mdmowerman LawnSite Member
    from 20833

was wondering what everyone is getting per hour for running a tractor? i know some services would be more than others, and the size of your stuff would play a factor.

what are you guys getting per hour for your services w. how many hp machine???

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

$50 00 pr hr for a compact tractor 20-30 hp. 4 hr minimum.

GRASS-PLUS LawnSite Member

I charge $40 per hr. with 4 hr. min. Unless I have to
    drive a long way.

GRASS-PLUS LawnSite Member

What I meant was If I drive thirty miles or more my time
    starts when I leave my shop.
  5. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

I'm figuring on charging $50.00 an hour for my L48 at first, for basic backhoe/loader/3ph work, and by the job for walls/clearing land/etc. When I become extremely proficient, I'll raise the rates as the market allows.
  6. Lawrence Lawns

Lawrence Lawns LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

$40 per hr mowing w/ 60", 23-27 hp tractors. :D
  7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Ursushorribilus you should get at least $60. pr hr for that machine! We don't really get into travel fees as all our work is in a tight area. Our flat rate includes one implement, loader,rake,etc. However, a custom pesticide app. is based on sq. ft. with a 10000 sq ft minimum!
  8. earthwerks unlimited

earthwerks unlimited LawnSite Member

I'm in SE Michigan. I have New Holland TC33D. No loader--I have other machines for that. I get $75 an hour for residential and $100 an hour commercial---4 hr min. Includes drive time of up to half hour each way. I do brush hogging, landscape raking, power raking (Harley rake), box scraping. Most guys are getting out of brush hogging as it costs too much for repairs/maint. And the grass guys don't have the heavier equipment. And they charge as much as I do for just grass cutting.