hourly rate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnandplow42, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

what do you guys change as a hourly rate? I charge by the job mowing (as most do), but i'm trying to establish an hourly rate for lawn/landscape odd jobs. thanks

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally, I never charge by the hour, I simply state a price and go with it. I think many customers like it because they know exactly what the job will cost them.

3. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I don't charge by the hour either. I set a price for the job but I determine it by how long I think it will take me to complete it and what I need to make per hour to cover my expenses. I would never tell a customer what my hourly rate is. I also factor in travel time into the job cost.

4. ltlm

ltlm LawnSite Member

labor is 35 an hr equipment op run from 75 to 150 an hr

5. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

ya, i figured about 35-40 dollars an hour for labor.

6. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just think how much of a profit you want to make.

35 an hour isnt much after taxes and expenses. Espescially if you have employees.

7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on your market and your operation, you might shoot for $1 per person per hour. That can be tough to sustain, but when you look at the number of down hours per day due to windshield time, it's not as much money as it sounds.

8. ltlm

ltlm LawnSite Member

35 an hr is for labor so it depends on what type of equipment there running from 75 to 150 an hr so for or 72in z its 75 an hr to run plus op at 35 an hr so that is 110 an hr not bad that is one man crew. no for three man crew 2 z 72in 150 an hr plus 3 man crew 105 an hr so you get 255 an hr do that for a 15 hr day not bad mony.

9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I meant one dollar per person per minute, not per hour. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. butler L&S

butler L&S LawnSite Member

ltlm Where are you getting these numbers from? You can't possibly be serious. There is no way a three man crew is going to gross $3375 a day.