1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hourly rate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, May 29, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your hourly rate?
  2. it all depends on what you are doing. the higher the risk the more money you have to get is how i see it. tree work i get 1000 per day 2 or 3 guys truck chipper. for cutting grass i try to get about 75 per hour for 2 guys. um side work i get 25 per man hour plus materials. excavation is 500 per day minimum for a guy plus machine. these are all rough numbers and vary by economic regions as well as costs and other variables.
  3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

My hourly rate formula:

Acres+sq feet X 60 minutes (divided by drive time) - costs of gas- cost of oil-depreciation and acrual of interest charges offset by one time lump sum acquisition + 3% = hourly rate
  4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

try to get $40 landscaping, and get it 99/100 times, cutting $35, side jobs or extras i try and get from $30 to $35 depending on what it is, and the time of the year. this doesn't include what i get for my guys.
  5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

$50.00 per hour mowing. $35.00 per hour cleanups and weeding ect.if they don't want to pay it I don't need it.
  6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

We get $120/hour for 2 suburb'n turb'ns and a flatlander. That's just about all the market will bear in our area, but it did bring in over $12,000 last month with nothing but mowing, and hardly ever over 30 hours per week............Lynn