hourly rate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sergsaa, Feb 23, 2010.

1. sergsaa

sergsaa LawnSite Member

hi everyone i'm planing on starting my lawn maintenance business soon and i would like to know if anyone can help me establish my hourly rate on my equipment, wich so far it is a 60" exmark zero turn, a 52" walk behind ekmark hydro, edger, line trimer, blower, te esentials along with hand tools, i'm planing on working in the notheast tx area,

thanks

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

400 hr........................

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

will that even cover expenses?

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

most solo guys shoot for $60hr no matter what their running. But every area is different. That also is assuming your using the right equipment. Of course you cant charge 60hr to mow a 2 acre lot with a 21.

5. sergsaa

sergsaa LawnSite Member

thank you for the advise.

6. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I average it to $1/min, or $60/hr if you will for residential lots. A $25 lawn I can generally cut and trim in 20-25 minutes. It's less than a 2min drive between them all. I only run 21" mowers, so profit is good. With larger mowers I'd charge a bit more, more so for the added fuel and maintenance costs.

7. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

I charge $60hr for each guy who just mows and $30hr for guys who mainly trim and blow. You should always get around $80 to $100hr for a two man crew.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I completly agree with JCPM. Try to stay around $80-$100 for two man. Some may think thats a little too much but if your running the properly sized equiptment for the job most will be happy with that rate. I usually like to throw an average price to a potential customer at an estimate and then ask if i can mow it once to get an appropriate price per time.

9. sergsaa

sergsaa LawnSite Member

awesome! thank you all guys, God bless.

10. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

$70/hr, but i'm in an area where prices are from $35-100/hr. you need to find out how economical you and your equipment is, what the market can bear, and how much you want to make. $60/hr or $1/min is a good average number to shoot for when it comes to mowing/maintenance.