Hourly Rate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rlc321, Aug 7, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

I met with the manager of a upscale golfing community today. The want me to maintain their islands around the community it basically would be keeping them clean and free of litter some lite trimming, edging on a weekly bases there is no mowing. He wants a hourly rate for this work. This could be a great opportunity for me there are over 1200 homes and a few 100 more going in. and he said this could lead to much more work not to mention the home owners I might pick up.. He has other LOC doing most of the mowing but the are to busy too keep up with everything. My question is I have been charging $45.00 an hour for my other work. Should i stick with this price or maybe charge him a little less to get my foot in the door? Remember I am in Florida where the competition is cut throat. Thanks Ron
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Stick to your guns, $45 hr is not an unreasonable price to charge.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If I'm reading this right, they have a company that mows, but doesn't trim or edge? Anyway, stick with your price, if its a big job you don't want to underbid or you could get stuck with a loser job that takes up a lot of man hours.