hourly rates-tree climbers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mbwent, Jun 7, 2001.

1. mbwent

mbwent LawnSite Member

i am interested in the going rate for hourly tree climbers? it seems $18/hr is about right, but i would like some input...
  2. around here i think is about the same. however you also got a lot of hispanic workers doing this stuff, i know around here is 20 dollars per hour is normal.
  3. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Are you asking cause you wont to do it or are you going to sub it out to someone?
  4. yeah, that is a good point. if you are gonna get a guy to climb for you, look to pay anywhere from i would say about 150 - 200 per day and up. now if you want a guy with truck, chipper, insurance, and the whole shlemiel then you are gonna be at anywhere from about 800 per day and up. most guys i know get at least 100 per hour. others get 200 per hour, and if they can they will just price it flat, so sometimes they can make 400 per hour from you if they really fly. this is just truck, 3 guys, chipper. some guys will give you a bucket truck as well for about 1250 per day minimum, but again these guys dont like to work by the day. price it for what it is, and then fly right through it however they can
  5. lawnboykb

lawnboykb LawnSite Member

mbwent thats about the right price here.