Hourly rates?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike Royce, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

How's thee gravely workin out for u ? Any major/minor problems? Good cut quality? I run a 36 wright stander and 36 wb bobcat bought both new and not sure I want to drop 10grand on a 52 stander for next season
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

no major problems at all. I have put 470 hrs on it this year and all I have had to replace was a strut bolt, because it vibrated loose and made one side of my deck hit the dirt. Luckily its got those little chains holding it up.
    Its just like a commercial mower, but its like a hybrid between homeowner and commercial. I was only out of 5 grand on it too.
    The mow quality is amazing too. I have had an exmark lazer and I would rather have the gravely than that anyday!

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Those do seem like nice mowers for the price. I just can't understand why they went with 1/2 inch cutting height adjustment rather than 1/4 inch.

4. kyles landscape

Which gravely do you run? The one with the stand on plate like the toro grand stand or the stand on plate like the wright stander? I think the one with the stand on plate like grandstand also has an adjustable deck which I think I like seeing as I change it quite often
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zackvbra

its not a stand-on.

6. kyles landscape

Oh ok I don't think they even sell non stand on gravely by me is it fairly new?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zackvbra

its a 2011

8. BLS 2002

BLS 2002 LawnSite Member

Not sure if it was mentioned but join Planet - wealth of information! I believe they have some resources/spreadsheets/books that can help you figure your hourly rate based on your costs.