1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly rates?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike Royce, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

How's thee gravely workin out for u ? Any major/minor problems? Good cut quality? I run a 36 wright stander and 36 wb bobcat bought both new and not sure I want to drop 10grand on a 52 stander for next season
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

no major problems at all. I have put 470 hrs on it this year and all I have had to replace was a strut bolt, because it vibrated loose and made one side of my deck hit the dirt. Luckily its got those little chains holding it up.
    Its just like a commercial mower, but its like a hybrid between homeowner and commercial. I was only out of 5 grand on it too.
    The mow quality is amazing too. I have had an exmark lazer and I would rather have the gravely than that anyday!

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Those do seem like nice mowers for the price. I just can't understand why they went with 1/2 inch cutting height adjustment rather than 1/4 inch.

4. kyles landscape

Which gravely do you run? The one with the stand on plate like the toro grand stand or the stand on plate like the wright stander? I think the one with the stand on plate like grandstand also has an adjustable deck which I think I like seeing as I change it quite often
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zackvbra

its not a stand-on.

6. kyles landscape

Oh ok I don't think they even sell non stand on gravely by me is it fairly new?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zackvbra

its a 2011

8. BLS 2002

BLS 2002 LawnSite Member

Not sure if it was mentioned but join Planet - wealth of information! I believe they have some resources/spreadsheets/books that can help you figure your hourly rate based on your costs.