hourmeter not registering hours

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MacLawnCo, Jul 22, 2007.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

On one of my Turf Tracers, I recently had a starter go out on the 23 kaw. I was in a pinch and the only local dealer who had an OEM starter was a Toro dealer. They took care of the waranty work but when we began using it again, it has come to my attention that the hour meter is no longer counting. Im curious to know if during the starter change it is possible they screwed up some wiring or if the meter another casualty of wear and needs to be warantied.

There was something else I was going to ask but I can not remember exactly what it was.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MacLawnCo,

Anything is possible. I would contact the dealership that completed the work on the starter, and ask them. If you are still stumped, let me know and we'll work this from a different angle.

Casey

3. MacLawnCo

Casey, what is the different angle and can we approach it that way first? My units literally never sit still during dealer hours and I dont want to pull out an ancient backup just to mess with an hour meter when the tach is still counting.

4. eXmark

MacLawnCo,

I'll see if I can kick up any answers w/ our service guys.

5. eXmark

MacLawnCo,

According to our service guys it sounds like the ground wire has come off of the oil pressure switch. The mechanic must have pulled the wire off when changing the starter. The other thing you can check is to make sure you have 12 volts going to the hour meter itself.

Casey

6. MacLawnCo

Casey, thanks for looking into this for me. I will see if the ground is the issue and go from there.