hours in a day.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sirsweatsalot, Jul 28, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i was just wondering what time you people get started in the morning? do you ask your custumers what is a good time or just go for it. i know residencial is a lot more picky about start time. im looking forward to your feed back!

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

We usually start at around 7 am. We start doing commercials for the day, then go to residentials. Usually get done at around 5:30 every day.

3. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

about what time do you start with the residensial?

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

noon or so. dinner break for us is at 12:30.

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

During the week I figure 6:45 maybe but I usually will wait till 7:00 at the earliest. I have some out in the country and they are fine with early starts so I may start them by 6:45.

Commercials away from residential I will start as early as 5:30 if I can get myself out of bed!

One LCO out here was trimming a lawn at 6:30 and really angered a neighbor. The guy came up behind him, shut his trimmer off, and verbally (nearly physically) abused him. It's one of those deals...we have been hitting 100+ and you have to start early. Just got to use good judgement.

Weekends, 8:30 is the earliest I will timidly sneak into a subdivision and even then I am nervous:)

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

commercial 7am
    residential 8 am

7. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

DITTO

8. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Between 6:30 - 7:00 am we start normally done around 4 or 5. if its like it has ben (no rain) its alot earlier.

Steve
    Potomac Lawns Inc.

9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

All of our 160 accounts are residential. We begin work at 7:30 (loading up the trailers, getting gas, etc.) and show up at the first site about 8:00 or 8:30.

10. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Start 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning. Finish anywhere from 4 - 8 o'clock at night. Then I go out on my own for a few hours. Friday night, finished at 10:00 PM after going out at 8:00 AM