hours on mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutbetterthanyou, Sep 11, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I know that it is not relivant to how much work someone does, or the money you make. I was just wondering how many hours a year you guys put on your mowers and what kind of mower. When i say "kind of mower" not exmark ,scag deere,etc. I mean 36 walk beheind, 60 zero turn, 11 foot wing mower, etc. Also if you are solo or have a crew and how many yards a week you cut.

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Around 250 per year on my Scag tiger cub, 48"
    About 75 on the snapper Z 44"

Around 350 On the tractor 4120 John deere w/ 5' bush hog, boom sprayer, root rake

Solo here with around 30 yards

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 52 Turf Tiger that was a year old in June and now it has almost 600hrs. We have a Walker we bought in May and it has 215 hrs. We have another 52 Tiger we just bought and a 61 Tiger we put a few hundred hours a years on. We maintain about 45-50 properties a week. They very in size from 5,000sft to multiple acre accounts.

4. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

bought new this year...I have about 230 hours on it....should end season w/ about 300. Started w/ about 30+ accounts in April....up to about 80 active accounts right now. 95% 1/4 acre lots...then a few bigger ones. I'm hoping to get 1500 hours out of this thing. But I have no idea how long it'll last before something major goes wrong. I have a 42" mini fastrak w/ about the same amount of hours on it (I'm guessing...no hour meter).

Peace,
    Gary

5. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Graveley 144Z this year i have 400 right now, maby 5 or 6 hundred this year tolat. The total time right now is 1200.
    I have 104 accounts, alot two weeks some once a mounth, i do about 50 to 70 a week, I am solo most of the time, can't find good help.

6. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

We have 2 lazer z's that are 4 months old one has 253 hrs and the other has 230. One lazer z is 3 months old with 150 hrs and one that is 2 weeks old with 15 hrs. We mow 2 apartment complexes and 15 residentials but two of the residentials are 2+ acres.

7. Galashiels

Galashiels LawnSite Member

I'm Solo
    Walker mower around 700, Kubota front mount 150, JD 3 Reel 150

8. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I've been too busy to check out this site for a while, But this week I had been thinking about hours on equipment and thought about posting on this just to see if anyone had considered it too.
    My 48" WB has the most at 4200 hrs on it and still going (17hp Kawi w/ mob 1 syn30w oil), that is about 900 a year. My GD 52" Stander I do 40 Hrs a week on it. I kill my smaller 21's in a year mostly b/c of lack of care. my work season is only 5 months!
    what made me think about this was my truck has 2600 hrs on it, or 88,000 miles and it is only 4 yrs old.

so... would that mean my WB has 160,000 miles on it? :) (I know it doesn't) :hammerhead: but I do spend more time on equip than any thing else.