Hours sold

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Mar 8, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know that I use this type of schedule for snow removal during the winter months, but during the spring and summer months it could get a little more complicated.

How many of you have a schedule for the season of the number of available hours to sell for services? For example, you have a 60 hour work week and you try to sell or have every hour of that work week filled with customers. It's basically I way to know that you are using all of your companys available hours.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

2,120 hours for the season

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Do you sell those hours ahead of time bobby?

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

ah, i'm sorry i wasn't very clear. these are my projected hours for sale for this season. i have about 70% of it sold already. i plan on having the entire 2120 hrs sold in full by april 10th.

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

bobby, thats over 40 hrs/week year round. how the heck do you plan to accomplish this only working a max of 10 mos/yr.

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

that's exactly 53 hrs a week, 40 weeks a year. april -november=34 weeks. i'll work 3 weeks in march, 3 in december. if my december gets cut short cus of snow, i'll make up the lost hrs easily by doing snow removal. "work" does not neccesarily mean field work either. i should be able to do my field work in 47 hrs, leaving 6 hrs a week for anything else. i'm actually gonna punch a time clock to be as accurate as possible, then at the end of the year, tally up the hrs on the time cards, and my bank statements, and see exactly what i made per hour