Hours worked a day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KDLAWN, Jun 11, 2002.

1. KDLAWN

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

how many hours do you work a day and do you work on weekends unless the weather is bad during the week. I am a part timer and just curious....

2. I work 2.5 - 3 hours a day M-F. No weekends unless bad weather or I have a extra service that can not be squeezed in during the week.

3. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

I work 8-5 Mon thru Friday at my full time job. Bring my trailer back to work with me at lunch, change clothes at 5:00 and mow till anywhere from 8:00 to 9:30 pm. On Sat. I catch up on any rain out and do shrub/hedge trimming and other side work . I have on several occasions mowed on Sundays if my customers didn't mind. If I was doing it for the extra money I certainly wouldnt put that many hours in. Ideally, I would mow about 3 nights a week and get some things done at home. However, my future plans are to go full time so I have built my workload to near the maximum I can handle on a part time basis. (Its hard to say no to new customers:D )
    Larry

4. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

i WORK A THE FIRE STATION FOR 24HRS GET OFF AT 0800 AND CUT UNTIL 6PM OR 7 PM. I WORK SO LATE SO I CAN TAKE A EXTRA DAY OFF DURING THE WEEK.

5. Same route can take 6hrs on a good day 10 on a bad one. Try my best to estimate them at 8 hr days.
    But
    Depends on growth, need for cross cutting, weather, equipment trouble, if I need to talk with a customer, and how fast my tired ole butt is moving that day.
    Tuesday is extras day so could be 3hrs, might end up 12hrs.
    I schedule aerations, power rake, shrub/tree work, clean ups on sat. in March, April, May, June, then again Sept., Oct., Nov.

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

I work 4-6 hours M-F!, Don't work weekends unless I fall behind because of rain :D

7. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

4-6 hours a day m-f... Life is too short to spend all your time working.

and as always.....its not what you make but what you keep.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I work for a landscaper 4 days a week, and do my stuff the rest of the week. I work for him 6:30am to usually 5:30pm or later sometimes. When i do my own lawns the rest of the week, i start at 8 and finish by 5.

9. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Ideally, 8-5 M-W, 8-12 on Thursday. Friday is for make-up work, extras, and any equipment maintenance I couldn't get done on Thursday afternoon.

Currently 8-1 M-W and 8-12 on Thursday. Still trying to fill up the rest of that schedule!

10. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Mon. thru Fri. usually start between 7-8 A.M.
    Try to finish mid afternoon,around 3. Thats when the thunder-boomers fire up. (Some days it's later.)
    Sat. from 8-9 till around 2-2:30. Thats the day we do our clinics. No one around. Tried to fit them in during the week but it was a real PITA,for them and us.