Hours worked

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by dmk395, Oct 16, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Just curious how many hours (average) per week some of you work, including not just hours on the job, but doing estimates paperwork etc?
  2. Sorry can't reply, working tooo many hours.
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

and take away 10. Thats how it is for most of these guys!
  4. Actually, Dave, I've gotten myself down to 12 - 14 hours a day 3 days a week and about 7 hours the other 2 days per week, what does that add up to? 50-60 per week.

Does the time we think about our business count as time worked.?
  5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Things are winding down now, so it's more like 50-60. During spring and summer it's about 80-100.

However, I don't know that that's a good thing. Even when you love what you do, you can get burned out. Every season around August I start to fade. If I take a few weekends off and maybe a day or two during the week, I have enough juice to get me through the rest of the season.

But mid-season, other than the time it takes to s**t, shower and shave everyday, I'm on duty. And actually, I shave in the truck on the way to work to save time, so delete that one.
  6. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

10 hrs production per day 5 days per week 3hrs per night sales and management. saturdays no more than 3 hrs sales most sundays with the kids. (70 hrs per week X 30 weeks = 2100 hrs almost the same as a 9-5 job ). At least I try to keep it that way but it often gets more than that.