1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MysticLandscape, Apr 23, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours does everyone have on there machines. How many do you average a season?
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

505 hrs. - Gravely 260Z
    151 hrs. - Gravely Pro-H 1536

250 hrs. per season - Gravely 260Z
    150 hrs. per season - Gravely Pro-H 1536
  3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Z's usually get between 4-500 hours per season. I've got two year old units in that range and a two season old ( actually closer to three years old but only used two season's) rig with about 1000 hours.
  4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Super Z = 625 Lazer hp = 810 Great Dane Gateway = 1200

Super Z 500+ per season Lazer 250 per GD down to one day per week 100 per season
  5. Dependable Mowing

Dependable Mowing LawnSite Member

Lazer #1 - Almost 1400
    Lazer #2 - Around 250
    Toro T-bar 52" - Around 900
    Toro T-bar 44" - Been with the business since the mid 80's. Probably around 3000 hours with Kawasaki 12.5. Had an Ehlo motor on it before that that ran mixed gas.
    Quick 36 - Around 1 hour. Just got it Friday.

Had 2 of the first run 22/60 Lazers when they first came out....put about 2000 on one and 2500 on the other before they were sold to a farm. As far as I know, they are still running.
  6. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

On the wb's we usually run about 500 to 600 hrs per year( about a 30 to 34 week season,varies year to year)Just got rid of two wb's that had almost 8000 hrs between them.Got two new wb's now with the older units that have 4075 and 3750 hrs on them. They do last awhile if you don't beat them to death,change the oil and air filters per the manual and you should go for a long time. My hours are based on hour meters,not a guess or a little wire wraped around the spark wire.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

600 hours per season without a drought.
  8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Doctor,
    We do cut a lot of grass, if there is a drought we do not cut as much but cutting will be on the two main machines and the back up units don't get used very much.Our two main wb's do most of our cutting. Most of our yards are irrigated so a lack of rain is not too big of an issue with us.
    Turf...I used to stay at a motel down your way some times, it was just east of 75 and on the opposite side of the truck stop back when I was a driver.
  9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

an even 12 hours on the simplicity
    approx 1 hr. on the echo trimmer
    approx 10 hrs. on blower
    and about 6 min. on the new 21"
  10. deerbutcher

deerbutcher LawnSite Member

I have 3.5 on my JD 717a