Hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 20, 2004.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I read recently that one guy mows 90 - 100 hours a week. He even starts at 3 A.M..

What are you guys runing for hours - be it solo or 20 guy crew?

I am usually up by 4:30 - 5:00 in the morning. Do some computer work - check out equipmet like oil, filters, blades, clean out decks, but like to be going by 5:30 on most jobs. These are small comm. to start day off with.

If it is wet, We take care of several properties that just request our trimming and edging services weekly - I then go do them.

In a good week, 6 days, with myself and some help I run individually about 80-90 hours a week.. April - Oct. Then I sleep until it snows!

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

out by 7:30 cutting, and in whenever it starts to rain.. Like today. On the first job at 830 and it started raining at 10:15

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Our crews work about 40-55 hours per week.

I personally work about 60-70 hours most weeks right now. I start at 7:15 a.m. and work many nights until 9:00 p.m. or later. But that will go down to about 40-50 within 2 months. And then for 4 months in the fall/winter I will only work 10 hours per week. So it's okay.

Gotta get that money while you can. I can rest later.

4. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

If it came to the point were I had to get up at 3am to cut a lawn, I would hire some help...

5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

my crew of 2 is working about 45 hrs a week. Once the majority of landscaping work is done I will only have one worker working 35-40 hours. I have a FT job and occasionally work on Sat if the crew gets behind in the spring. You guys need more help if you are working 90 hrs per week. YIKES!

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Usually up at 6:15, out the door by 7:15, leave the shop at 7:30, home anywhere from 6pm-9:30pm (last night). Usually 6 days a week sometime we work Sundays.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I work roughly 30 hours each week, that's not including computer work. My husband during the spring is working 6 days a week, roughly 65 hours a week, that's not including equipment or truck maintenance. Once summer hits, he won't be working Saturdays though.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if you guys don't mind, i'd like to take out a life insurence policy (with me as the beneficiary) on any of you that are working 70+ hrs a week in the sun and or with pesticides.

9. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

my guys have been working about 45-55 hours a week

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was working 80+ hours in the spring.....its starting to slow down to about 65-70 hours now. It will pick back up in the fall. Working 3rd shift in the factory and then business during the day. I am going to try and push through the summer with no help and hopefully go full-time next spring. I don't think my body can take this much abuse another year. Bobby, if it will help ya out buddy, where do I sign?