1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

House checking, anyone asked to do it?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Deere John, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

I was asked today to check on a customer's vacant house over Christmas. He is one of my better customers. It will be no problem when it snows, since I just have to check the water and heat quickly for consideration, but is there anything I would/should be concerned about from a liability point of view?
  2. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

we live in a area were there is a lot of vacation homes and many of our customers have us check on their homes, condos, and boats. We charge 35 a month (one visit) if they want more then its $15 more per visit.
    Pick up a large outdoor temp gauge and put it inside the front window facing out so you can tell the indoor temp when you drive by.
  3. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

Big Thermo-bob: gee, thanks. Great Idea. This place has a water-well pump, and the breaker is off already, so all I really need to know is if the heat is still on.

I love this forum. Hee hee.