House Pressure Washing Choices

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by BuckeyeSC, Feb 22, 2012.

1. BuckeyeSC

BuckeyeSC LawnSite Member

Looking to spend around $500 for a good pressure washer that I will use for my own residence (house,concrete,etc). Im looking at the Karcher G 3050 OH or the Generac 6024. I have a 2 story house so need to reach the eves. Also, last year I got fence stain on my vinyl siding... how do I remove it?

2. BuckeyeSC

Well, as luck would have it ... my wife went to Lowes today to pick up some things and ran across a nice pressure washer. She texted me the specs and I was blown away at the value, so much that against all my senses, I went and bought a Troybilt 3000 XP for around $380.00 (included my Military Discount). Its got the nice Honda motor, 3K PSI, and 2.7GPM. I know this isnt a "pro" washer, but I believe it should get the job done! Ill post back after I do my first pressure wash of the year to let ya'll know how it handled!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_375831-348-020489_0__?productId=3606418

3. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

It will take you forever with that machine. Most guys use at least an 8 GPM machine. I just picked up a used machine on CL about a week ago. 11HP 4 GPM 3800 PSI. Came with 50' of hose and it also has an electric start. I got it for 400.00. This one is still too small, but it will do for this season.

Where in SC are you? I see it says coastal. We currently have an 8 year plan to move to Holden Beach NC (45 mikes N. of Myrtle Beach. We are going to be coming down for a vacation in Nov.

Oh, and thanks for your service brother.

4. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

If you're just doing your own home you should be fine.

5. BuckeyeSC

Yea, Im not afraid to do a little work. lol I pressure wash my house every year but got tired of using my father in laws, so I decided to get my own. Those other ones are way out of my budget and mine has a warranty. I would have went to CL, but you never know what your getting, and its minus the measly warranty. Now, ive been watching some you tube vids and really like those surface cleaners... anybody got some advice on a good one? Are they universal?

6. Pressure Washing Cleve

Don't think they will work with your machine. Your best bet would be to get a spinner tip. Around $50.00-$100.00. This advice is for your home only.

7. rywnygc

Tom, the pics on your website show some pretty nice work. Nice site as well.

8. Pressure Washing Cleve

Thanks, I'm in the process of making it. I haven't put the pics. in yet, I have a few but not sure what photo gallery to use.

9. rywnygc

I was talking about the video on the home page. Are you building the site yourself? I went through godaddy.com. I am currently reamping the whole thing. I just bought the deluxe package so it added 5 more pages and the ability to place widgets and stuff.

10. Pressure Washing Cleve

Thanks, yes, I'm making it myself. I didn't want to use Godaddy because they own your site.