House wash

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by michaelee2, Aug 16, 2010.

1. michaelee2

michaelee2 LawnSite Member

What is the best stuff to wash a house down. Not going to use a pressure washer but a garden hose and brush. Just doing my house not a business.

2. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Bleach and any good all around soap.

3. Cleaning Greensboro NC

Cleaning Greensboro NC LawnSite Member

Make sure the soap or dish soap you are using with bleach is not anti-bacterial.

Bleach and anti-bacterial dish soap are a bad combination.

Combining these will make a foaming volcano mess and release chlorine gas.

4. Scottwash

Scottwash LawnSite Member

You might want to get a estimate form a PW. I have brush a house only once, quickly found a better way.

5. Scottwash

Scottwash LawnSite Member

You might want to get a estimate form a PW.
    I have brush a house only once, quickly found a better way. Using a brush is first wears you out. 2nd having bleach run down the pole and on you is not fun. It burns. 3rd It will not come out as good. You just cant get in every inch of a building as will downstreaming.

Quick true story, a young man about 35 pick up a job pressure washing vinyl siding home. He started this job about 8am brushing and pressure washing. About 11am his pw would not start so he tried and tried pulled and pulled. But failed to start it. With the job not done he told the home owner he had to go home and fix it. He died that night from a heart attack. The home owner call me a few days later and ask me to come out. Told me he called the guy the next day on the phone to fine out when he was going to finsh the job, only to fine he died that night.

There is a hard way and a easy way. I have done them both, me I take the easy way

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  6. HighTide

HighTide LawnSite Member

Amen, my Palm Coast brother!