Houses sold any sites that give info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcat75, Feb 14, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

i was wondering if there was a website that tell you which houses recently have been sold in your area,that way i could put a flyer in there door befire they go out and look for someone if they are

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I don't know about in your area, but where we are from our Sunday newspaper includes a real estate section which shows all the listings that have recently been sold.
    You might want to check out your local paper.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i agree with major tom. just go through your local paper and look at the real estate transactions. it will give you a name and address and then all you have to do is drop a flyer or stop to talk to them

[Edited by mdb landscaping on 02-14-2001 at 02:51 PM]

4. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

thanks for the response!what would i do without you guys :)

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

It should be public record at the county courthouse. They publish all property transfer in our paper but it is two monthes later. If it is public then it should be public at the time of the sale i would guess.

6. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Turfcat,
    At the bottom section of the property sales listings in your paper, there is usually a listing of the company who is posting the information. We use them each year for new leads. It generates alot of sales! They charge just like a mailing list company, by the town, house price, house or condo, etc.. They will send you the info on disk, labels or a printout. Ask them for all property sales from October to March. This way it usually guarantees that they have not aquired a landscaper yet. People are quite happy when they receive it because it helps them from going through the yellow pages and sorting it out for themselves. If you can't find this info, go into a real estate office and ask them if someone in the Utica area posts all real estate transactions each week. They will know. I did a search for your area and it came up empty. Hey, have you ever been to Stefano's Pizza?

Mike