1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cr80mxrider, May 21, 2008.

1. cr80mxrider

cr80mxrider LawnSite Member

Hey guys I was wondering if i went into town and did sum subdivisions how would I know which houses to go to, I have a limited amount of flyers.
    I usually put them in the door but if they have no screen door or no flyer box then where do i put them because every time i put them on the mail box flag it rains.
  2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

When I start running low on flyers I either put one at every other house or pick out the homes that look like that don't mow their lawns on a regular basis.
  3. abclawncare

abclawncare LawnSite Member

somtimes you can stick them between the door and the weather stripping, but i would go and get some door hanger flyers made, i got them this year and really like useing them they look profesional and its easy to put them on 99% of the homes they cost like $60/1000 thats what i paid at the local print shop
  4. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I would print More flyers and put one on Every Single door in the subdivision.
  5. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

When I start to run low and won't be back for a few days I make a note of where I left off and put the remaining flyers at houses that look like they need yard work or ones that you can tell the homeowners use a push mower on. Then I come back as soon as I can and pick up where I left off. It doesn't hurt to hit the same houses (ones that need work and flyered on the first trip) again.