Houston Expo.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txlawnking, Aug 21, 2004.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

All I can say is..WOW these things rock!! Today my wife and I rolled up to H-town for an "expo" at the George r. Brown convention center. This place was Gadget and goodie overload! I truly was not expecting something so awesome.. So many vendors.. so little time.. I've learned that some really great new equipment is coming down the line before next season from Mfgr's like: Dixie, Hustler, Stihl, and others... I also found out that due to steel almost doubling in cost, these new ( and very cool! ) toy's are gonna cost more than they were developed to.:( ... Oh well, met lots of new folks and learned a lot of new things.. I finally aquired a "Turf" mag, and saw Acute's write up of the Stihl 4 mix trimmer... and saw lots more neat things... But here's what made the visit rock..... The regional Redmax dealer had the new 8000 Blower ( HEHE!)... And just so happened to have one out back in his pickup serviced for me to Demo:D ..... For all of you doubter's... Forget every other blower you've used before.... that thing Kicks A*&!!!! It WILL move bricks.. and blow small children into the next county!!!

All in all, I see why so many here love to go to these things, you can network and learn a lot in just one day..

Thanks TXLAWNBOY for the heads up... It was worth it!!