hover mowers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by shouse, Jul 26, 2007.

1. shouse

shouse LawnSite Member

does anybody have one of these or do you know of anybody who has used one :walking:

2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

havn't seen one used in years.

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

It is my understanding that there was a lot of personal injury with these because they were often used on hillsides and people often slipped with feet going under them.

I once read a story of someone suing the manufacturer when he was injured trying to cut a hedge with one - don't know how true that was.

4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one one ebay not too long ago

5. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Bought one. Used it to cut a culvert. It sucks. Weed Whacker works just as good. Might take a little longer, but alot safer.

6. the x files

the x files LawnSite Member
    from NW GA

Here is the link to FlyMow http://www.flymo.co.uk/node513.aspx?cid=307 I had one about 20 years ago. Used it to mow the banks of a 3 acre lake every week that was in front of our house. It worked great for what I used it for.

7. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Allen Mower makes a hover mower that uses string trimmer line for cutting. A lot of golf courses use them for cutting bunker edges and steep banks. That's bout the only place to use them. They might come in handy for mowing really wet areas where the mower tires would cause ruts.