1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How 2 Get Rid Of Birds?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DBLC, Jan 20, 2004.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

I have a client who has a terriable problem with birds roosting in her trees. They mess all over the yard & pool area. Does anyone know of a chemical I could spray or a granular I could apply? PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Try hanging an owl decoy around the area. Should keep most birds away.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Fake snakes are also sold, that are suppose to scare birds away.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My former partner's step father is the bird guy at the exterminator company he works for. When he's not shooting them, he uses big shiny mylar balloons to keep them away. He used to do Tiger Stadium (the old one) and he'd put those up in the rafters to keep them from making nests.

Once he had to get rid of these big black crows at a business, and they wouldn't let them shoot the birds. So he got those glue traps they use for rats and baited them. Caught a ton of 'em on those things.

:D

5. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

put a couple of cats over there. after the birds no longer return then put a dog over there to get rid of the cats.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

How about a paintball gun?? :)

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

pie trays

8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I'm with Lazer_Z - Paintball Guns work wonders. :D

9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

when i used to deliver pizzas. had a customer with bird problems, so they went some place and got a shot gun sound machine. set the timer for every 30 seconds it would blast and eventually the birds will stay away. oh yea, the pizza part. they called and ordered a pizza, forgot to tell me about the shotgun machine. i walk up to their door and BOOM i here that thing go off. i dropped the pizza and started running thinking i was being shot at...*l*

10. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

12 gauge