How about a directions or instructions forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by BryPaulD, Oct 31, 2005.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

A forum with instructions on how to's. Such as gas and oil mixing, air filter, spark plug changing, oil changing, pull start fixing, etc.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. BryPaulD

from MI

wouldn't it be nice though to just come in look at the directions and go to it. VS. come in post, leave and come back a few hours later and hope you have an answer? I was right in the middle of my repairs the other day when I came on to post my question. Luckily I found some relatively close answer to my question using the search, but I did get a reply later saying I should write down the specific step by step instructions on how to for other people. Which in turn led me to this thread :)

4. Restrorob

I agree with you, But there are so many different types and brands of equipment on the market today it would be almost impossible to have Service Manuals for all of them on one site. Also alot of companies don't even have on-line Manuals which would make it even harder.
    Oh, That was Jim that told you to write the instructions down, He didn't really mean to do it he was just jabbing at me because I'm on here before work, lunch time and after work every day to see if I may be of help to anybody. Just look at it this way; Waiting a couple hours is much cheaper than taking your equipment to a shop and have it sit there for a couple weeks till they can get to it.
    Just my thoughts !
    Seeeee Ya

5. BryPaulD

from MI

"Waiting a couple hours is much cheaper than taking your equipment to a shop and have it sit there for a couple weeks till they can get to it."

Most definately :)

6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Better yet, try this one: When you see one on here, read it, email it to yourself and then print it out and save it in a folder. Make a folder of them in your filing cabinet, then you have something to read on snowy or rainy days. You could even print them out on the backs of Cristmas cards and Birthday Cards and Easter Cards...you get the idea...run with it.

7. Restrorob

Thats a good idea Jim, Lets see.......Hum.......I want a Christmas card......Yeah a Christmas card.......With instructions on how to check the charging system on my CV18. :p :laugh:

8. jim dailey

Watch out...I am coming down and will be looking for work. Have my own computer. Know a couple of things on it. Set it up right next to the A.C. Nice big easy chair. I could start a business with these cards and sell them to all of the LCO's around. Never have to cut grass, trim bushes or sweat in the hot sun again. I could be onto something here. Maybe even make some great $$$. What do you think ??? Think it will fly ???

9. Restrorob

Thats hard to say, I guess it would depend on how you set it up. Would it be general repairs ? , Engine only or complete unit ? Brands and types ? There is alot of equipment out there. I really don't know.
    Maybe you could highjack the Calendar Girls thread and put some calendars together I'm pretty sure that one could fly.

10. jim dailey

Now, what the hell do the Calendar Girl's have over a shiny Kohler CV-18???