How about a peeing match forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by lawnman_scott, Jul 5, 2005.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Then when a cocky storytelling kid comes on and spins complete nonsence and can back up nothing and the thread gets out of hand it can go there? How does someone like him hept the site or the industry? A new guy comes along doing everything right and thinks "what the heck am i doing wrong?"

I realize why the posts were pulled, but we just asked about things that have been posted here.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I don't understand why my post were pulled!!!! No language problem, I asked the kid a question and he gave me an answer and there both gone. The new forum would be a good idea, at least the post would stay up for awhile

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you do scott cause I don't.

This individual was called out on the carpet to substantiate himself and he couldn't. His wild claims of spending $6700 a week on just fuel for his equipment at 992 man hours comes to almost 7 bucks an hour. Gimme a friggin break already.

I was just looking for some backup from him is all. Helen Keller could see he was full of it too btw.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

LMAO

You know, I don't think the guy has told the same story twice.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Which post was pulled? I'll have to double-check cause honestly I am not aware. But I will say this - something you all need to realize and remember:

There are a lot of people on the site. Someone posts something - maybe something ridiculous or controversial. You see it, post in it (legitimately) and then an hour, 1/2 day or whole day later you see the thread is gone and you have no idea why....usually because from when you made a legitimate post to the point where it was pulled someone or several people jumped in and made the thread very difficult or nearly impossible to keep alive on the site (due to name calling, language, etc...).

See the problem is not all of the regular posts that go on here....(questions, scenarios, opinions, etc...). The problems, 9 times out of 10, are when someone new to the site or someone looking to cause a problem wants to stir the pot, pull some chains, incite some anger and they intentionally post some nonsense....they bait the vets and the regulars trying to get them to stoop to a level of name calling and "calling them out", when in reality the solution is to ignore them, let their postings fade off in to the sunset, and that would be the end of it.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm no different than anyone else. Dangle something in front of me and my first reaction is to jump. Unfortunately this is what they want. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but you guys (the serious members who make this site so great) need to remember that you are all business owners - your own bosses. You are accustomed to speaking your mind and expecting people to listen - believe me I realize that.

In a perfect world the trouble makers and intentional morons do not require their own forum in which to be placed....Instead they are ignored. Nothing irritates a trouble maker more than being ignored. When a child throws a tantrum you can give him/her what she wants (attention) or teach them a lesson (as hard as it may be sometimes to tolerate) and ignore them and show them that just because they make noise does not mean they are going to get the reaction or result they desire.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just asked about things he had posted in the past. I guess he has a short memory, or maybe he stretches the truth.

7. olderthandirt

from here

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=111938
    Here's the thread Sean
    I know how the game is played but if you allow someone to post, and the guys not a new member he gets questioned about what he says whats wrong with that? Will it or can it get heated? Yes! So the person making the post should be able to back up what he says. BTW he's a big business owner also and I'm sure he could answer the questions he was asked. I asked he answered so I'm still at a loss as to why my post was pulled. If thats considered inflammatory then what about the other post about body armor and guns? I know your forum your rules but I thought we all had to play by the same rules.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It was me that removed the posts. 4 pages of posts calling a kid out that he doesn't have 14 trucks etc. Was anyone getting close to having him admit that he exaggerated wildly, or was it just continuing on and on and on?
    There comes a time when enough is enough.
    I guess Mac you didn't feel it was enough yet? When would it have been?

9. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Mac, Rod, etc... it was not your specific posts that were pulled. The whole section was removed - 4 pages as Jodi said. Lots of people posted. Wasn't pulled for language, etc... It was just one of those posts that had no end in site. If he would have claimed 6700 a week in fuel, everyone called him out on it, and he never responded or responded in a weak manner, it would have ended. But as you all saw he wasn't going to admit otherwise...meaning it would have went on and on and on...and usually the posts that go on and on and on get ugly before they get pretty. Instead of pulling the entire thread Jodi merely split the part where everyone clearly shows mathematically that 6700 a week is hard pill to swallow.

10. olderthandirt

from here

I guess Mac you didn't feel it was enough yet? When would it have been?
    Jodi, I guess I'm a little confused over why my post was pulled? I asked a question and the kid answered it. That was all there was to it. But if you want my opinion of when it would have been enough I'll tell you. When he answered my question, which he did.
    Sorry Sean posted same time you did